Thursday, February 13, 2014

Love Makes The Difference


"I understood that if the Church had a body composed of different members, the most necessary and most noble of all could not be lacking to it, and so I understood that the Church had a Heart and that this Heart was burning with love. I understood it was love alone that made the Church's members act... I understood that love comprised all vocations, that love was everything, that it embraced all times and all places, in a word, that it was eternal! My vocation is love!"- St. Therese

Oh love, the most abused and misused word of all!

I love chocolate with nuts.. I love suspense movies... I love the ocean.. I love history.. I love silence and solitude... I love certain people... I love gardening, I love nature... I love pink and so on and so forth. Get the idea?

But this is not real love.

According to St. Paul this is True Love:
"Love is patient, love is kind, love does not envy, is not pretentious, is not puffed up, is not ambitious, is not self-seeking, is not provoked; thinks no evil, does not rejoice over wickedness but rejoices with the truth. It bears with all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. " (1Cor 13:4-7). This is a beautiful point of meditation for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment