Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I had a wonderful 2 days -off even though it rained both days. Dad W. celebrated his 84th birthday and I cooked a special meal for three people- T-bone steak & lobster tail! My days-off were just nice days to relax and to unwind.  After I visited with my spiritual director, I headed back home and got busy in the kitchen.  My brother came home too and tackled the grill and we had a very nice family meal .  More and more families should spend time together.  It's a special moment that brings with it joy and awareness of what a great gift time is.  Every moment is given by God for us to really discover what matters in life.  I know that it is not always possible for every family to come together for many reasons.  But if it can be done, it should be done.  We will come away personally and spiritually richer and rejuvenated.  The only treasures in the world is the ability to love and be loved back.  "God is love.  He who abides in love, abides in God, and God in him."  Happy Birthday, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment