Monday, February 01, 2010

Unity in Diversity


Tonight, Sister Maria Agnes and I, were invited to do vocation talk as part of a panel to a group of RCIA candidates.  The event took place at St. Raymond Penyafort Catholic Church in East Rockaway, NY.  We probably had about 17 candidates attending, along with the Pastor, one Franciscan Brother and two Deacons.  It was a lively group and I thought we  had wonderful sharing and discussions.  I would never imagine that God would call me to this kind of work!  But there is so much good in it.  What can be better than to share to others the goodness of God, of how he has worked in my life, of His ways and paths?  What can be better than to share the richness of the Catholic Faith to those who are desiring to taste fully of its sweetness?  Looking around the room, I see the diverse stories each of us can tell.  But in this diversity, I see a common bond- the search for God and of finding Him.  The spiritual journey is a great adventure and we are all in this together.  We are all  brothers and sisters in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment