Thursday, May 09, 2013

Heaven In Faith


28.  "It seems to me that all is loss since I have known the excelling knowledge of my Lord Jesus Christ.  For love of Him I have forfeited everything.  I have accounted all else rubbish that I may gain Christ.  What I want is to know Him, to share in His sufferings, to become like Him in His death.  I pursue my course striving to attain what he has destined me for by taking hold of me.  My whole concern is to forget what is behind and to strain forward constantly to what is ahead.  I run straight to the goal, to the vocation to which God has called me in Christ Jesus." That is:  I want only to be identified with Him: "Mihi vivere Christus est" "Christ is my life!"
All the intensity of St. Paul's soul is poured out in these lines.  The object of this retreat is to make us more like our adored Master, and even more, to become so one with Him that we may say" "I live no longer I, but He lives in me.  And the life that I now live in this body of death, I live in the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."  Oh! Let us study this divine Model: His knowledge, the Apostle tells us, is so excelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment