Wednesday, March 04, 2009



" I SHALL LEAD YOU THROUGH THE LONELINESS, THE SOLITUDE YOU WILL NOT UNDERSTAND; BUT IT IS MY SHORTCUT TO YOUR SOUL.." - Thomas Merton


It is when I am most alone that I hear you, O God. In the depths of my soul, free from the curiosity of men, I recognize you. You allow me to see my real self. You instruct me in the way I must go. You shake me off from my slumber and awaken in me the grandest of desires. The silence can be frightening.. unsettling.. confusing. But in this solitude of heart, YOU make yourself accessible. It is YOUR face I seek, hide not your face.

1 comment:

  1. The first time I discovered this passage of the Bible, my heart beat fast... I was amazed. I wanted Him to "seek" me that way. I am still in love. I want to go to the desert to meet Him.
    I often make retreats. I feel so much fulfilled that I never want to go back to the world.

    Amazing...

    ReplyDelete