Saturday, October 31, 2009

Rain Again!

Well, rain delay in Philly, for the third game of the World Series. They say they will be playing tonight but it doesn't look like the rain is stopping. The Sisters are all geared up! One unabashed Yankee fan is dressed in her Yankee T-shirt. Two Sisters with red shirts on are rooting for you-know-who. Some of us low-key personalities are well-behaved behind the scenes, patiently wishing the rain away. In the meantime, I get to work on facebook and blogs.



One of the things I like to do is draw. Drawing can be good for the soul. I wish I could take some lessons on the art of drawing. The one above is an example. I did this when I was a Novice many years back. I had more time then, and certainly more time for silence and solitude. I was looking at a Christmas picture of Mary from a book displayed in our Refectory. I loved the way she looked and I decided to draw her. It's very relaxing for me. It's almost like meditation. Every stroke of the pencil was like a prayer. I wished I was better. I envy those who do a very good job! But maybe with practice I'll get better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment