Saturday, July 09, 2011
The Spiritual Meaning of the Scapular:
1. It is a symbol of Mary's love for us.
2. It stands for a commitment to follow Jesus as Mary did.
3. It leads us to the family of Carmel.
4. It reminds us to the example of the Saints of Carmel.
5. It is an expression of our belief that we will meet God in eternal life, aided by the intercession of Mary.
Through the Scapular, the Blessed Virgin teaches us:
1. To be open to God, and to His will, shown to us in the events of our lives.
2. To listen to the Word of God in the Bible and in life, to believe in it an to put into practice its demands.
3. To pray at all times as a way of discovering the presence of God in all that is happening around us.
4. To be involved with people and attentive to their needs.
"The Scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel"
National Shrine of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel
To Order Free Scapular