Friday, October 05, 2018

Do You Hear What I Hear? Do You See What I See?




A graveyard full of dead-fallen leaves,
With the earth standing still.
Nothing, nothing for the senses,
Save for the gentle sway of color-filled branches.

All of creation, in transformation,
Gentle breezes on dancing branches,
Giving proof to the presence,
Of a Presence.

My heart is lulled to slumber,
This peaceful silence, oblivious to surroundings,
Demanding a hearing...
A silent heart hears,,, Only a silent heart can hear.

A harmony of movements -
Tree-top branches gently swaying.
Weathered branches softly bending,
No ripple seen on silky waters.

But the heart perceives something-
Or Someone .. in the silence.

"O send me the Spirit!
I will be lifted up with His power!"
 How can you say, "Send me the Spirit?"
When He is there abiding even in His silence?

Enter... Enter
Enter... Within!
He is there... waiting!

Faith will grasp Him,
Love will capture Him.

Sister Helena of Mary, O.Carm.

No comments:

Post a Comment