Saturday, February 27, 2010

What Is That??

I was quietly sitting in the Recreation room overlooking Bayside, Queens, when all of a sudden - a falcon!  I couldn't believe my eyes!  What is a falcon doing in Bayside?  Is it possible?  Our convent is on the 11th floor of a 432 nursing home facility.  The recreation room opens to a balcony overlooking the city. There's a gorgeous view of Manhattan from there as well as the three bridges: Brooklyn bridge, Verrazano bridge and George Washington bridge.  It's spectacular view every Fourth of July with all the fireworks.  We used to be able to view the Twin Towers before 9/11 from up here.

But today it was special.

I searched for my camera in vain.  I left it in my room.  Ohh!  This falcon was really up close on the rail and when he flew away to do some soaring and diving, I wanted to smack myself from frustration.  Red-tailed falcon!  Wow!  I told the Sisters and they were as amazed as I was.  We thought maybe it was a homing falcon.  I was so happy to see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment