Sunday, September 08, 2013

The Mystery of His Love



I am one of those people grateful for the gift of this video! A religious vocation is ultimately all about God- His initiative- of calling a soul to share in the mystery of a love that challenges and transcends.  One is asked to participate in the sense of giving one's will and uniting it with God's.  Like Mary, at her Annunciation, God asks the question and Mary answered, "let it be done to me according to your word."  To be called by God is not so much a matter of doing great things for Him.  To be called by God is to allow great things to be done in me.  It is a mystery because it cannot be explained in human words- not even by the one who is called.  In the final analysis, a religious vocation is not just about doing good- great- works.  One does not have to enter religious life for that.  It is not even of saving one's soul- because religious life is not a requirement for salvation.  So why did God call me and not someone else with more gifts and talents to give, and more virtues to boast of?  The answer for me can be found in the Gospel of Saint Mark 3:13, "And He went up on the mountain and summoned those whom He Himself wanted, and they came to Him."

Thank you, Jesus, for wanting me to serve You and to be with You in this holy vocation.  Make me worthy of Your great gift of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment