Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Mary Immaculate


O Mary,
How fortunate  I am to call you mine
My only treasure in this changing world
Your gentleness is unsurpassed.
My heart leaps up as I think of you
And all my sorrows melt like the snow
With filial longing I turn to you
Upon your knees I pour out cares only
you would know.
A bond between us in time was forged
Infinite source of blessings untold
Your eyes ever watchful to snatch me from dangers
Your ears ever careful to hear silent whispers
Your hands ever present to touch and to comfort.
My heart so delights in contemplating you
To know that in heaven I have a mother like you
If they only know the love you have for men
Like me, they too, will be proud of their claim.

When I was small I did not really know you
To be the mother you proved yourself to be
With great solicitude you came and looked for me
As you did with Jesus on that long journey
How lucky I am that one day you found me
That memorable July so imprinted in my memory!

Carmel! Oh how I love her!
To me, you embody my Queen and my Lady
You are forever my destiny
The lot God Himself marked out for me.
Deep in your bosom I will cling
Forever hopeful for the promise you bring
Deep in your thickets I will not shy away
For with the thorns lie the beauty of the rose
Carmel! Mary! To me you are one!
And for that reason, I am forever yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment