Saturday, January 02, 2010

This is my first time in my Religious life to ever have spent New Year's eve at home with family.  It was spent quietly, with no fanfare.  I really would have wanted to have spent some time in Church, alone before the Blessed Sacrament, but many of the churches around were closed.  The weather, with light snowfall and wicked cold wind, was suited for a nice, warm comfort of home.  We stayed up for the Times Square celebrations and offered a toast to the New Year.  Goodbye 2009, welcome 2010! I have been thinking about New Year's resolutions.  I am the first one to make jokes about it.  But it seems to me now that there is a good reason for a life-inventory.  It is ridiculous to think that one can just turn the memory button on to activate instant recall of all I've done in the past year.  But there are things which stand out needing improvement.  I hope that God would give me the desire to be better in this one area of my religious life.  I know I'd constantly fail but so what?  God knows our good intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment