Sunday, August 30, 2009

September!


So, tomorrow is the last day of the month! I had a good summer overall. The highlight was the chance I had to go whale watching in Cape Cod. That was exciting! Now September is just 24 hours away. So. let's see, what is my September calendar like? There are of course important days in the Carmelite calendar beginning with St. Teresa Margaret Redi (Sept. 1), the birth of Mary (Sept. 8), Novena to St. Therese of the Child Jesus (September 22-30) and St. Albert of Jerusalem (Sept. 17). September 14th is also the start of the Great Fast in Carmel as written in the Rule. This was mitigated in the 1247 revision of the Rule so that it is no longer practiced in the O.Carm tradition. The cloistered OCD Carmel still practices this. One is free of course to continue it out of personal convictions.
On a personal note, I hope to attend the 80th birthday of a friend in Virginia. I plan to visit for 5 days and hopefully get the chance to visit Colonial Williamsburg! The surprises ordained by God will have to remain just that- surprises. I have made a new resolution for September and with God's grace I may be strengthened to carry them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment