Friday, October 09, 2009

God is Smiling !

I considered the field of journalism at one point in my life. To be exact, I thought I wanted to be a reporter. But I did not pursue it because I considered all the cons which went with the job: hectic lifestyle, camera constantly on me, talking to people, talking too much... So that went out the window. I always like to just work in the background even though I rise to the occasion when the need calls for it. I don't like attention and I don't like being on the spot. Now, Providence seems to be taking me to places I don't want to go. First, I was placed in-charge of the Community's website which included being interviewed for a Vocation DVD. Ugh! Then, I was called and asked if I would consider being in the Vocation Steering Committee. Part of my responsibilities is to be the local contact for those interested in religious life and to create and search for ways to encourage vocation. This means calling the diocesan vocation offices, participating in local vocation events, make myself available for vocation talks, and any other way to be active and visible. I am reminded of the saying, "You can run but you can't hide!" God must be smiling! I ask myself, "will I be up to it?" But I am reminded and strengthened by the words of Jesus, "If you remain in me, you will bear much fruit!" That is a consolation!

Now I need help and maybe you can help! If I was invited to a vocation event and you happen to be there: what would you want to hear from me? what would be some of your questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment